Tomonori Yamasaki is a Maki-e artist in Wajima city, Ishikawa Pref.
He is originally from Onomichi city, Hiroshima, a beautiful suburban city facing Seto Inland Sea (Setonaikai) and an area that preserves Japanese rural traditional scenery.
Mr. Yamasaki is a determined person. He has come to Wajima from Hiroshima to enter the Ishikawa Prefectural Lacquerwork Institue of Wajima and has practiced lacquerwork in Wajima since then, totaling for more than 19 years.
After graduating from the Lacquerwork Institue of Wajima, he has been practicing maki-e under Master Junichi Hakose to this day. From this fact, the readers here should easily understand that the level of work that Mr. Yamasaki will provide is superb and fine.
- Raised in Onomichi-city Hiroshima
- 2003 Entered The Ishikawa Prefectural Lacquerwork Institue of Wajima
- 2006 Japan Contemporary Arts and Crafts Exhibition Accepted
- 2008 Graduated The Ishikawa Prefectural Lacquerwork Institue of Wajima
- 2008 Started working under Junichi Hakose
- 2009 Nitten Exhibition Accepted
- 2011 Won "Contemporary Arts and Crafts Award"
50th Japan Contemporary Arts and Crafts Exhibition
- Present Working in Wajima on lacquerwork for more then 19 years.